S1:E10 Trumphets in the Sky, UFos, Bigfoot...Oh My!

We have been busy adjusting to life living the "Quarantine Dream". Life has been a little topsy turvy lately but we promise to release some killer new episodes on the podcast every FRIDAY and maybe even a few more BONUS episodes to keep you guys entertained while your quarantined at home. Sending everyone lots of love and healing vibes during this weird time.

On this weeks episode we share our very own supernatural stories!! From Trumpets that sound like the horns of the apocalypse, to UFO sightings to Bigfoot in the Land Between the Lakes...this episode has a little bit of everything! 



In order to tell my story, I will need to go back in time, to the Spring of 2012. Much like now, I found myself as a stay at home mother of two small children, as well as being a full-time student. One sunny afternoon, while the little ones were napping, I decided to step out on the porch and get some fresh air. It was one of those picturesque spring days, I’m sure you can imagine it, as surely now I can never forget. The bright blue sky, was peppered with soft wispy white clouds and gentle rays of sunshine. Everything appeared to be perfectly normal, until suddenly I heard a sound unlike anything I had ever heard. It sounded as though the sky itself was breathing. The reverberation of the strange sound made my heart race, and I felt this sickening knot in the pit of my stomach. The fear quickly turned into curiosity the more I listened. The sound was melodic, but also sounded metallic, kind of like a mixture between a huge trumpet or horn, and a rusty see saw going up and down. After about five minutes the sound stopped. The entire time as I stood starring at the sky, I looked for planes, or anything that could be the source of the sound, yet the sky was empty as far as I could see. I went back in the house, adrenaline coursing through my body, and began to scour the internet for answers. Was something going on today? My search brought me to YouTube. And much to my surprise I discovered that this sound had been heard around the world for most of 2011 and 2012. From Kiev, Russia to Alberta Canada, to the Kentucky, people had been recording the same sound I heard that day. Take a listen to this...





I still get chills when I hear it. What do you think about it? Now that you’ve heard me tell you this story about my experience, what are your thoughts about the sound?



People are still hearing this sound today. I found a piece on Snopes from 2015 that rates these sounds, and the recordings on YouTube, as a mixture of truth (READ THE FULL ARTICLE HERE). While they couldn’t rule it out as false, they also couldn’t explain what it is. Several theories exist that attempt to explain possible causes of the sound. One is that it is a sonic boom from a meteor. Another is that it’s a skyquake, which I’d personally never heard of. A skyquake, for those of you who like me didn’t realize there was such a thing, are unexplained reports of a phenomenon that sounds like a cannon, trumpet or a sonic boom coming from the sky.

here is a clip from meteorologist Brian Neudorff as he explains more about Skyquakes; 



Chief Meteorologist, Brian Neudorff, seems to think it’s military. It could have been a jet going supersonic, or some other unknown military craft...but I’m not so sure. I’ll play a clip of several jets sonic boom for comparison!

Tell me, what’s your take on this? Does the sound it sound like a jet to you?


This sound is something I think about from time to time. But I decided to dig a little deeper this week and see if any new research had been done. I stumbled upon some new research referring to the sound as the hum. A worldwide map now exists of everywhere the supposed hum has been heard. The website drew me in immediately as I began to read the following passage which says, Most people find this website because they are disturbed by an unusual unidentified low-frequency sound that scientists now call the Worldwide Hum. The classic description is that The Hum sounds like a car or truck engine idling outside your home or down the block. Some people describe it as a low rumbling or droning sound. It is typically perceived louder at night than during the day, and louder indoors than outdoors. The sound can usually be masked by background noise, such as a fan or keeping the radio on. We estimate that 2-4% of the global population can experience this phenomenon under certain conditions."


The website goes on to explain that the sound may be a type of otoacoustic phenomenon generated internally in the brain and auditory organs. Which are not yet fully understood.I found it so interesting that Dr. Macphereson the creator of the site had actually taken the time and effort to start this project as a personal quest for knowledge. It was also reassuring to know, I’m not alone, or crazy, and that other people had experienced this uncommon auditory phenomenon. I’ll put some links up on the blog if you’d like to listen more, or do some research of your own. Feel free to reach out to me if you have any theories on what it may have been, or if you’ve heard it also, I’d love to talk to you. Find us on 


So, that was my strange experience, to listen to more from Tom & I be sure to check out the full episode! While you’re on quarantine, don’t forget to go outside guys, you never know what you might see. Below I'll list some of the links we referenced which we found to be pretty interesting, so check em out!








Citation



 Radford, Benjamin.   “Mysterious Sounds Reported Around the World.”
    Discovery News.   8 February 2012.
 Robson, David.   “Mystery Booms: What’s the Cause?”
    BBC News.   2 December 2014.










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ghost Investigation at Octagon Hall Preview Video

John Doe 117: Who Killed Michael Hastings